Things to do in Jamaica: 24 hours with the kids at an all-inclusive Montego Bay resort
By Jennifer Kelly Geddes, Dec 2019
Don't worry, be happy! Finding things to do in Jamaica at an all-inclusive Montego Bay resort is a tropical breeze because the activities and fun are built right in. Here are six things to do in Jamaica to help your family get psyched for fun in the sun without leaving the comfort and convenience of your all-inclusive.
1. Start with the breakfast buffet. A lively day of splashing at the pool and playing in the sand requires lots of fuel. Sit down together for a hearty morning meal at one of Montego Bay's delectable resort buffets.
Whether your crew craves towering stacks of pancakes with whipped cream, sprinkles and chocolate chips, indulgent eggs Benedicts with crab, lobster and artichokes, or a custom smoothie, you'll find plenty of appealing options for the whole family. Your kids will marvel at the buffet's centerpiece: It's a watermelon that's been carved into a boat!
2. Visit the pool and the beach. Slide into the fun, the water's just right! Most all-inclusive resorts in Montego Bay have more than one pool and many beach access points, so there are plenty of options for aquatic fun.
Some pools are actually mini water parks full of twisty slides and tunnels and nozzles that spray and sprinkle from all angles. Along the shore, beach volleyball, stand-up paddleboards, snorkeling and sandcastle-building are just a few of the many enjoyable activities you can engage in.
3. Park the little ones at the kids' club, then get a massage. Pairing a kid's program with a couples' appointment could be the highlight of your vacation.
Kids' camps at all-inclusive resorts are packed with exciting events like beach soccer, volleyball, music trivia, face painting, treasure hunts, magic shows and shell collecting. While the kids are occupied, sneak off for a special spa treatment with your partner. Try a soothing coconut-milk soak, an aloe and lavender body wrap or a Jamaican allspice sugar scrub.
4. Sit down for a family dinner. Montego Bay resorts are famous for their culinary delights, so take advantage of the wide range of available dinner selections. Sample dishes from around the world with meals at French, Italian, Asian fusion or West Indian restaurants. Jamaican highlights include spicy jerk chicken skewers, escovitch-style fish with peppers and onions, conch fritters and oxtail curry. For dessert, don't miss the pineapple tarte tatin topped with cinnamon ice cream.
5. Take in a show. If the kids have enough energy for one more thrill, take in a show after dinner ¿ maybe a Bob Marley-themed concert or Michael Jackson tribute show. Some resorts offer steel band performances, and many host staff talent nights. Yup, your bartender can juggle as well as mix cocktails! There are also kid-specific shows and activities, including cartoons, movies, crafts and game nights, that start early enough for even the littlest ones.
6. Go on a date. Don't feel guilty about taking advantage of the babysitting services at your all-inclusive resort. By tucking your tots in early, you can keep the fun alive a little longer. Options abound for adults-only entertainment ¿ there are martini bars, casinos (try your hand at the slot machines or the blackjack tables), stand-up comedy shows, beachside bonfires and karaoke and oldies nights.
The whole family can live the good life in Jamaica. These are just a few of the amazing attractions and family-oriented entertainment options offered at an all-inclusive Montego Bay resort. Pick your fun, then kick back and relax in this little slice of tropical heaven.
Discover our Jamaica vacation packages and book your trip to Montego Bay today!